500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
Also in : Running
- User-friendly interface
- Session history
- Story running podcasts
- Map routes using Google Maps
- It doesn't have global leaderboards
Track your running sessions and improve your workouts
Join the quantify-self movement and smartify your workouts. It's easy with Runtastic.
Making the most of the motion sensors and GPS technology built in your smartphone, Runtastic tracks different parameters of your workout sessions and give you some insights to make you more efficient. Runtastic is your personal coach in these DIY times we are living.
It's really intuitive. Choose the activity you are going to practice (running is the default) and tap the green button to start tracking the workout. All the parameters are displayed in the tracking screen: duration, pace (min/km), distance, speed and calories burned. In addition, your route is mapped using Google Maps.
Those are the basics of Runtastic, but there's much more. You can select the workout type you are going to practice (basic, HIIT) or customize your own workout setting the distance, time, duration or calories goal. When you are done, you can add more detailed info to the workout: surface type, weather, temperature, how you felt and heart rate (requires a compatible Heart Rate Monitor device) and even hydration.
Sessions are stored in your history. You can check them any time and share through your social media to challenge your friends beat your records.
One of the most interesting features of Runtastic is the "Story Running" which are preset podcast you can listen to while running to get extra motivation. From settings you can enable/disable a bunch of additional options: voice feedback, powersong, heart rate zones... Most of them are only available in the Pro version of Runtastic.
Runtastic features an intuitive and user-friendly interface. It runs smoothly and it's pretty kind with your battery despite of the amount of built-in sensors it turns on during the session.
Only one catch worth to mention: You can share records through your social media but I'm missing a global leaderboard to compete against player from all around the world.
Regardless, Runtastic is one of the most intuitive and accurate workout tracker on the store.
Runtastic PRO uses GPS to map and track sports and fitness activities, such as: running, jogging, biking & walking. The 4.5+ rated app tracks cardio workout progress (time, distance, elevation change, calories & more) to help you build healthy lifestyle habits and reach exercise goals. What’s more? Runtastic has recently been revamped to enhance your user experience! Take Runtastic out for a run and enjoy our new and improved app design and navigation, optimized features & new functionality.
Notable new app features include:
* Runtastic Training Plans are available on Android for the first time! Select your professionally-designed plan today to make progress and reach your goals.
* Enjoy music with Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud & more, directly within the Runtastic app
Become a part of a global fitness community of over 30 million registered users that is fun and motivational today – whether you're looking to improve your overall health, build cardio endurance or train for a marathon!
PRO APP FEATURES:
* Voice Coach: Audio feedback based on your personal preferences
* Auto Pause: Session is paused automatically when you stop moving
* Runtastic Earth View: Watch workouts in 3D (free Google Earth App required)
* Routes: Create or find exercise routes, sync them to your smartphone
* Interval training, coaching and dynamic split (km/mi) tables
* Training Goals: Select heart rate zone, calorie goal or pace goal to optimize training
* Colored Traces: Colors indicate training changes, incl. pace, elevation, slope
* Geotagging: Take pics during exercise & view photos online with map trace
* Powersong: Activate to boost workout
* Use for running, jogging, biking, skating, cross country skiing & hand biking
* Ad free
* Map workouts in real-time with GPS & monitor exercise progress
* Personal training diary, metrics & graphs
* LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Share location, receive messages for motivation to run further
* Mapping: Detailed live mapping & historic mapping (Google Maps)
* Customizable dashboard configuration: Display preferred training statistics
* Use Runtastic Training Plans to make progress & reach fitness goals
* Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning & weight lifting workouts
* Monthly & overall metrics: Distance, number of workouts, duration & calories burned
* Enjoy cardio workouts with integrated music player and additional music sources, including Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud & more
* Post-activity details: Enter mood & surface info, receive hydration recommendation
* Integrate Runtastic activities to your MyFitnessPal account
* Share sports activities on Google+, Facebook & Twitter
* LiveWare™ extension for Sony SmartWatch
Save workouts to Runtastic.com! Get further exercise data analysis, coaching & comparisons with friends! These benefits keep you motivated while striving to reach fat burning, cardio training or overall health & wellness goals.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING RESOURCES
You can also choose an expert training plan to reach your goals. Training plans provide coaching & inspiration for fitness goals, incl.: weight loss, building endurance, jogging a 10k, running a half-marathon, running a marathon or attaining a bikini body! Further health and fitness tips are available on the Runtastic Fitness YouTube Channel - your subscription is FREE. And, Runtastic has partnered with Power Music – the world’s No. 1 producer of workout music – to help users increase motivation, workout length & calories burned! Let’s go!
Enjoy improved app design and navigation, optimized features & new functionality.
New in 5.0.3:
* Try the brand-new “Wings for Life World Run” Story Run for FREE!
* Bug fixes & improvements
New in Runtastic 5.0:
* New app structure & design
* Automatic sync and hydration features
* Training Plans on Android
* Control music from Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, Deezer & more (or the Runtastic Music app) within the Runtastic app
Works very well, very occasional GPS dropout that is quickly resolved. Well worth it.
Get my music on and pound it hard! Boston... here I come
I love that it posts to Facebook and that it gives a very accurate reading within my area of exercise.
Love this app! Its motivating to hear how far you've gone.
Have been using this app for past year and it has worked great. Recommend for any user.
5 to 6 miles a day...accurate enough
Best app of its kind on the market in my opinion. Great how it syncs with My Fitness Pal too.